Terms and Conditions
- Rental periods run from Friday to Friday unless otherwise stated.
- The arrival times of all stays is from 4pm, unless otherwise agreed by Owners.
- On the day of departure the property must be vacated by 10 am unless otherwise agreed with the Owners. The property and its contents must be left in a clean and tidy condition.
- The Burrow can be booked for a maximum of 4 people. Over occupancy is not permitted. In the event of over occupancy occurring the Owners reserve the right to terminate occupancy without notice and with no refund.
- The person signing the booking form is considered the hirer and is responsible for the hiring party for the duration of the letting. The hirer is responsible for the care of the building and the contents for the duration of the holiday. Excluding fair wear and tear, any breakages, damage or staining, especially to carpets, furnishing or walls must be reported to the owner as soon as possible in order that they may be replaced, repaired or treated where necessary. The hirer will be liable for the replacement of broken items or making good any such damage.
- In the event of serious or deliberate damage to the building or the contents, immediate and full recompense will be due. The Owners reserve the right to terminate the occupancy without notice and with no refund.
- The hirer must be over the age of 21.
- Smoking is not permitted in any part of The Burrow.
- The Owners reserves the right to refuse entry into the property if the hirer is considered to be unable to be responsible for the hiring party, or to take charge of the property.
- The hirer will allow the Owner (with or without workmen) reasonable access to The Burrow at reasonable times and with reasonable notice (other than emergencies) for inspection purposes and to carry out repairs and maintenance (routine repairs and maintenance will NOT be carried out during the booking.
- The hirer will not cause undue noise or disruption or become a nuisance to the occupants of neighbouring properties.
- The hirer will not alter The Burrow or its contents or remove any contents from The Burrow.
- The hirer will return all sets of keys to the owner at the end of the rental period.
- The hirer will keep The Burrow secure during the booking and comply with any specific conditions and restrictions relating to The Burrow and/or its contents contained in the property information and any instructions held in the The Burrow.
- The contract between the hirer and us is in accordance with Schedule 4 Section 8 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 and confers on the hirer the right to occupy the property for the agreed period for holiday purposes only.
- Signing the booking form is deemed to be acceptance of these terms & conditions.
A non- refundable 25% deposit is payable within 7 days of booking with the balance due 8 weeks prior to the start date of the booking.
For bookings made less than 8 weeks before the start of the holiday full payment must be made within 7 days of completing the booking form.
Payments can be made by :
- CHEQUE made payable to "Kathleen Coupar"
- ACCOUNT TRANSFER
Payment in full must be made prior to the start of the holiday.
Cancellations within 8 weeks of the start date of the booking will incur the full cost of the holiday. Therefore we strongly recommend holiday insurance is taken out.
Amendments to Booking
The completed booking form is the basis of the rental agreement between guests and Owners of The Burrow. Any changes to the details submitted in the booking form must be agreed with the Owners.
The Owners should also be notified of any changes to the contact details of the hirer.
Electricity and other items are included in the rental price. Consumption of these items is based on “reasonable use” If it is deemed by the owners that excessive or unreasonable use is being made of these items the owners reserve the right to make charges for further supplies.
No pets are allowed in The Burrow.
Governing Law & Jurisdiction
The Owner and the hirer that the booking contract shall be governed by and construed by in accordance with the laws of Scotland and the owner and the hirer agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts.